Oral Hygiene Aids
You need to remove the bacterial plaque in your mouth daily. This is where your primary tools for oral hygiene – your toothbrush and dental floss – come into play. They are used in conjunction with toothpaste and mouthwash. But toothpaste may also have other ingredients in it:
Oral Hygiene Tips
- Polishing agents to aid in cleaning your teeth
- Fluoride to prevent decay which can lead to cavities
- Anti-tartar agents to prevent the buildup of tartar
- Anti-plaque/anti-gingivitis agents to control plaque and gingivitis
- Whiteners to remove dental stains
- Sensitivity compounds to decrease the sensitivity to heat, cold, and sweets
People gargle or rinse using mouthwash to help fight bacteria. It is often used to control:
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Tartar and calculus build up
View our oral hygiene videos below on proper brushing, flossing and preventive dentistry tips.
Contact us online give us a call at 704.334.2538 today to schedule your next appointment.