Restorative Dentistry at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry
All About Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry in Charlotte, NC
Dr. Saint Jean has been offering prosthodontics and restorative dentistry in Charlotte since we opened our doors. Prosthodontics and restorative dentistry focus on the aesthetic and functional restoration of damaged or missing teeth and are a significant part of the restorative dental services offered here at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry. Additional training and years of experience are needed to effectively treat patients with complex cases, which is why so many of our patient’s trust us.
Prosthodontics, Restorative, and Cosmetic Dentistry at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry
Prosthodontics may involve the reconstruction of a patient’s front teeth and therefore will have a significant impact on the patient’s appearance. This is why some prosthodontics have aspects of aesthetic or cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Saint Jean’s philosophy is to help a patient look better but always within the context of creating and preserving their oral health.
Restorative and Prosthodontic Services Offered at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry in Charlotte
Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry can correct a wide range of tooth replacement and aesthetic issues. Some of these restorative treatments can include the following products or treatments:
- Dental Implants: Implants are artificial teeth that are placed into the jawbone and function the same way as the roots of teeth. Taking care of implants is the same as taking care of natural teeth. Dental implants are indistinguishable from natural teeth and prevent bone deterioration in the face that commonly occurs when teeth are missing.
- Flippers and Removable Partial Dentures: A flipper tooth is a removable, temporary tooth replacement for patients who have lost a tooth due to disease or injury while they wait for their permanent implant. Flippers are very easy to pop in and out, which is particularly useful for keeping them clean.
- Full and Partial Dentures: Dentures are a great replacement for missing teeth. They can be removed and put back in at any time. Here at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry we offer affordable dentures while using the very best material on the market. The reason that Dr. Saint Jean may recommend dentures is that in some situations a patient may not have enough healthy teeth left for other procedures.
- Hybrid Prosthesis: Hybrid dentures, or fixed-detachable prostheses, are dentures that attach to four or more implants in the jaw. They have some of the benefits of implants and some of the benefits of removable dentures.
- Implant Restoration: It doesn’t happen very often, but just like real teeth, dental implants can become damaged even when we’re taking great care of them. If your implant becomes cracked, chipped, or feels loose, it’s time to come visit Dr. Saint Jean for repairs.
- Implant Retained Dentures: Where conventional dental implants are one per tooth, implant-retained dentures are held in place by only four implants per arch to give them permanent stability.
- Implant Retained Partials: Unlike traditional removable partial dentures, which fit over the gums and clasp onto neighboring natural teeth to stay in place, implant-retained partials combine the advantages of dentures with those of individual implants.
Dr. Saint Jean and the entire team here at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry are committed to providing the best prosthodontics and restorative dentistry in Charlotte and the surrounding area. We welcome you to our dental office and hope that you can become a part of our family. That’s right! We consider our patient’s family and we treat them that way. If you feel that you may need restorative dentistry or prosthodontics, please give us a call at (704) 334-2538 or send us an email. You can learn more about us by checking our business page, and make sure to get directions before heading our way.