Our Patients in Charlotte Agree We Provide The Best Dental Implants
Dental Implants in Charlotte, North Carolina
Imagine no longer living with a smile that has unsightly gaps. Dental implants provide an opportunity to regain your former quality of life. With this procedure, even your closest friends won’t suspect that you ever had missing teeth.
The benefits of dental implant surgery are extensive. Imagine eating and speaking with ease again, without the negative emotions that come with missing teeth. The implant treatment plan will enhance the look and functionality of your smile and improve your overall health long term. Dental implants are indistinguishable from natural teeth and prevent bone deterioration in the face that commonly occurs when teeth are missing.
Dental implants provide a reliable foundation for replacement teeth, which mimic natural teeth’ appearance, feel, and function. Our patients’ lives are transformed as a result.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a lasting remedy for missing teeth. Unlike other methods, they do not rely on adjacent teeth for support. Essentially, dental implants involve the insertion of small titanium rods into the vacant sockets in the gum where teeth are missing. These rods function as tooth roots, providing a firm foundation for a crown.
Due to their excellent performance and success rate, dental implants have become the preferred option for tooth replacement. They closely resemble and function like natural teeth, making them the optimal choice. Depending on your needs, you may choose to have a single implant or multiple implants to replace an entire arch of teeth.
Three parts make up a dental implant:
- The implant: a small titanium post surgically inserted into the jaw bone socket where the original tooth used to be.
- The abutment: a small metal piece that connects the implant and the crown and ensures the perfect fit.
- The dental crown: an artificial tooth matched perfectly to your natural teeth, attached to the implant.
What Can I Expect From the Implant Surgical Procedure?
During your procedure, a small incision is made into the gums. The titanium post is placed into the jawbone, and the tissue is closed over the implant. You are then sent home to heal.
While at home, the jaw bone integrates with the titanium post in an osseointegration process. The bone slowly grows securely around the implant, eventually making it part of your body and the most robust base for your new teeth. The osseointegration healing process takes anywhere from two to six months. Some patients ask for a temporary crown until the process is complete.
Once osseointegration has finished, the abutment is attached to the implant post. The new crown is fitted to the opposite end of the abutment. Once secured tightly, your brand-new tooth should instantly feel comfortable and match your natural teeth. You are sent home with aftercare instructions.
This incredible restoration replaces a single tooth, several teeth, or a complete upper and lower arch.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
The most significant benefit is greater enjoyment of life. Those with missing teeth often sacrifice confidence and the ability to smile or laugh without hiding their mouth in shame. But the benefits go way beyond this:
- Enhanced appearance: When teeth are lost, the supporting bone structure may shrink, causing a change in facial shape that can make a person appear older, unhealthy, and drawn.
- Improved speech: Traditional dentures can be prone to shifting and slipping, which can lead to speech difficulties that can be embarrassing.
- Better eating: Dental implants offer a secure and stable foundation for replacement teeth, allowing you to bite and chew with the same force as natural teeth and enjoy your favorite foods again.
- Convenient care: Unlike dentures, implants do not require special adhesives or cleaning solutions and can be cared for just like natural teeth with regular brushing and flossing.
- Enhanced oral health: Dental implants do not develop cavities and do not rely on neighboring teeth for support, which can help improve overall oral health.
- Bone loss prevention: Tooth loss can lead to bone loss in the jaw, but implants provide the necessary stimulation to help preserve the bone structure.
- Long-lasting durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, unlike some other tooth replacement options that may require frequent repairs or replacement.
The dental implant procedure requires good oral hygiene and adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant and no signs of periodontal disease. Your dentist must consider many factors, including a bone graft when determining dental implant treatment. We would love to evaluate your case and see if you are a candidate for dental implant placement.
Get Your Dental Implants in Charlotte, NC
Dental implants are very cost-effective and, if properly cared for, will last for many, many years. Placing a dental implant is straightforward and is a regular treatment here at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry.
If you are interested in a consultation about dental implants, please call our office at (704) 334-2538 or email us. We want you to be proud of your smile and look forward to meeting you!