Our Patients in Charlotte Agree We Provide The Best Dental Implants
Why Dr. Saint Jean Would Recommend A Dental Implant
At Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry, we help you understand all of the options for tooth replacement, including the many choices available with dental implants. Our dental practice in Charlotte, NC works closely with you to determine your smile’s best treatment plan. We offer convenient follow-up dental visits to ensure a lifetime of better oral hygiene and health for your teeth and gums.
Implant surgery is regarded as the best solution for missing teeth because implants provide an extremely sturdy foundation for replacement teeth. These new teeth look, feel, and perform just like a regular tooth. Implants have an incredibly high success rate and we consider them the new standard in tooth replacement.
A person who has lost a tooth is able to regain the ability to eat with that tooth again. A dental implant appears completely natural and keeps your facial contours intact by preventing the bone deterioration that occurs when teeth are missing. An implant is one of the healthiest ways to replace a missing tooth.
Why Would I Need A Dental Implant?
Even just one missing tooth can significantly impact your oral health. Many patients avoid chewing on that side of their mouth, causing muscle atrophy. Lack of muscle use influences the shape and appearance of your face, often giving that side of your profile a less lifted look. Dental implants could be the best option for you if you are missing one or multiple teeth due to gum disease, tooth decay, or genetics. Read on to see why our patients love their dental implants:
- Dental Implants Last a Lifetime – One of the best things about a dental implant is that with proper care it can last forever! Implants are made up of titanium and easily integrate with your jawbone while staying bio-compatible.
- Dental Implants Look and Act Just Like Natural Teeth – A dental implant restores full chewing capability and aesthetics to your smile without affecting your dental hygiene routine.
- Dental Implants Help Prevent Bone Loss – Missing teeth create a blank space in your jaw. If the area is not filled quickly, the jaw bone will deteriorate. Implants help restore functionality to the area and prevent further bone loss.
The Anatomy Of A Dental Implant
There are three parts that make up a dental implant.
- The implant: a titanium screw, which is surgically placed into the patient’s jaw bone where the original tooth used to be
- The abutment: a small piece that ensures a snug fit
- Crown: the top part of the tooth, which is attached to the implant and matches your natural teeth
Who is not suitable for dental implants?
Dental Implants require a certain level of health for treatment. Read this to learn more. You might not be suitable for implants if you have certain medical conditions, such as:
- uncontrolled diabetes
- problems with the immune system
- blood clotting disorders
- drug abuse
Come To Us With Your Dental Implant Questions
Dental implants are very cost-effective and, if properly cared for, will last for many, many years. The process of placing a dental implant is simple and straightforward and is a regular treatment here at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry.
If you are interested in a consultation about dental implants, please call our office at (704) 334-2538 or email us. We want you to be proud of your smile and look forward to meeting you!