Excellent General Dentistry at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry
One of the Best Dentists in Charlotte
Here at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry, we proudly provide quality general dentistry to Charlotte, North Carolina. We are committed to providing the best patient care and service. Our dental team is here to help in every step of the way and create a unique patient experience. Our goal is always to exceed our patients’ expectations.
How Can Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry Help?
Dr. Saint John and our staff have a philosophy of providing quality dental care and are committed to helping each patient make informed decisions about their oral health. We are located in Charlotte, NC and find great value in serving our community. Each member of our staff cares for every person that walks through our door. We pride ourselves on treating each patient like a member of our own family.
General Dentistry Procedures Provided at Midtown General & Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Saint John have invested the time, resources, and energy into advanced training and education in order to offer a wide range of general dentistry services to our valued patients. Some of the services that we provide are:
- Dental Bridge: a replacement for missing teeth using pontics (fake teeth) and supported by attaching to the natural teeth or implants on either side of the gap.
- Dental Cleanings: it is impossible to remove tartar by brushing and flossing, but a hygienist will clear it all away, which is a crucial part of preventing gum disease and tooth decay. Professional cleanings are the bedrock of general dentistry.
- Dental Crowns: a tooth-shaped cap that we use to cover a tooth in a number of circumstances, including a dental implant, cosmetic treatment, protecting a cracked or worn tooth, and more.
- Dental Sealants: coatings applied to the small indentations in the chewing surfaces of teeth, forming a protective layer against plaque and decay.
- Digital Impressions: cutting-edge laser and scanning technology to create a virtual 3D replica of the inside of the patient’s mouth — which means no more gagging on putty!
- Enamel Shaping: a process by which we use a sanding disc to carefully remove small amounts of tooth enamel, then polish the area to correct a variety of cosmetic or minor orthodontic issues.
- Fillings: a way to restore a tooth that has been damaged by decay and bring it back to its normal shape and function.
- Fluoride Treatments: fluoride varnish makes teeth more resistant to plaque and acid attacks and help teeth remineralize more quickly. Applying it takes only a few minutes and it’s easy to add on to a regular visit.
- Lingual Frenectomy: a quick procedure to reduce or remove an overly tight or thick frenum under the tongue for a variety of benefits, including improved speech.
- Mercury Safe and Mercury Free: we offer the highest standard in filling replacements, removing and replacing old silver amalgam fillings that can leech mercury over time.
- Neuromuscular Dentistry for TMD Relief: we work to make the relationship between the hard and soft tissues in the jaw harmonious to address symptoms of temporomandibular joint disorder.
- Occlusal Disease Treatment: treatment for a bad bite can involve simple orthodontic treatments, mild reshaping of the teeth, restorations of worn teeth, or a combination of several treatments.
- Sedation Dentistry: for patients who experience dental anxiety or dental phobia, we offer different sedation options to help make their treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
- Sleep Apnea: this sleep disorder can have severe effects on oral health and more, and we focus on non-invasive procedures that can treat the condition before suggesting surgery.
- Snoring: for chronic snorers, an oral appliance can help keep the airway open to facilitate healthier, more restful (and quieter) sleep.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: by using tooth-colored resin for fillings, we can save more of the tooth and ensure a longer-lasting result that looks better with the rest of your smile.
If you live in or near Charlotte, North Carolina, please consider becoming part of our dental family. We are enthusiastic about helping you with your oral health needs through our general dentistry treatments. You can give us a call at (704) 334-2538 or send us a quick email to set up a free consultation. You can learn more about our practice from our business page, and make sure to check the map for directions before you head our way!